Saturday 14 July 2012

My Week That Was

I took the idea for the name of this post from the company which I am interning at. Last thing on a Friday afternoon each week we all have to attend an informal meeting in the bar to highlight the highs and lows of the week. It's a really lovely idea where everyone gets together with a glass of wine or a beer in the bar at work and tells each other about the week they have had. Each team takes it in turns to tell the rest of the company the highlights of their week, their successes and any problems they have overcome, so that everyone feels informed about the happenings throughout the company. So here is my week that was...

Monday - I read an article in the Daily Mail about Amanda Holden wearing the peplum dress from Kelly Brook's New Look range that I featured in my post here and it mentioned that it was in the sale! When I got my email announcing the start of the sale last week I specifically checked to see whether this dress had gone into the sale and when I saw it hadn't I was really disappointed. They must of changed their minds because when I clicked back on it had gone in the sale, reduced from £40 to £18! Naturally it jumped straight into my basket and I had a smile on my face for the rest of the day! Also, my Graze box arrived full of more yummy goodies which I can't wait to taste. It's sitting on the table now tempting me to try something...

Tuesday - It was my mum's birthday today and it happened to fall on her day off work so she popped into town to meet me on my lunch break so we could have lunch together. It was really nice. We hadn't been able to give her either of her presents on the day because they hadn't been delivered in time so I thought treating her to lunch would be a mini present to keep her going until her others arrive!

Wednesday - For the second week running I took advantage of Orange Wednesdays with my sister. Last week we went to watch Five Year Engagement because it had a great cast but I thought the film was a bit of a let down with a predictable and unexciting storyline. This week we went to see Katy Perry film Part of Me. I'm not a crazy Katy Perry fan but I took my sister to see her Part of Me tour in Nottingham for her birthday last year so thought it would be nice to relive the experience. I'm not a big fan of documentaries either so didn't have high expectations about the film but I'm surprised to say that I really enjoyed it. I found it really interesting, thought Katy came across really well and reminded me how heartfelt the lyrics to some of her songs are. I didn't realise she wrote her songs herself and it makes you appreciate that she is a talented songwriter. It also renewed my faith in some 'celebrities' actually being normal people. She obviously has a mad life and comes across a bit crazy but she seems like a really genuine person.

Thursday - What do you do when you have an hours lunch and nothing to do? Hit H&M of course. Luckily they'd cleared out most of their old sale stuff and had brought some newer clothes in. I managed to pick up a really cute peach dress with a white collar to wear to work with tights or if we eventually get some sunshine with bare legs. I also grabbed a lovely mint and peach two-tone leather bag for just £20. They had it in two different colours and I spend ages deliberating over which one to get. The other was electric blue and neon yellow which are two colours I love together but I thought the other option was safer. I also picked up a couple of rose gold items - a necklace and a spikey hair tie - because I've been craving rose gold jewellery for a while and knew I would get a lot of wear out of them this summer.

Friday - A second graze box(?!) which was completely unexpected/unpaid for arrived on my doorstep this morning. This really was a surprise and I must have been sent it by mistake but I'm not complaining. Double the amount of goodies in one week for half the price!!! I went to my boyfriends and had a much needed TV evening to help me recover from a pretty hectic week I'd had at work.

I have a busy weekend what with spending time with my boyfriend before he goes to Thailand for a few weeks, going to watch my sister's dance show and hosting a family party on Sunday. Although I know I'll be exhausted come monday morning I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment