Thursday 28 June 2012

Yo! Sushi

I have been wanting to try out Yo! Sushi for a while now so last week the £2.12 offer in honour of the Olympics came at the perfect time for me to find out what I'd been missing. This offer is only on at 12 Yo! Sushi's across the country until Friday so we were lucky that the one in Birmingham had the offer on. We went on Wednesday evening to try out a selection of their dishes and we weren't disappointed at all!


I had 4 different plates of sushi - Chicken Katsu, Duck Gyoza, Prawn Tempura and Salmon Nigiri. My favourite dish was the Duck Gyoza. It reminded me of duck and hoisin pancakes you get for starters at the chinese but in a little parcel. I also really like how they provide the nutritional information of all their dishes on their website so that if you are trying to be healthy, like me, you can work out which dishes you can eat without feeling too naughty! My selection of dishes came to 500 calories which I think is really good for an evening meal. It also only cost me £8.48 for the food - bargain! The service was great and I thought that it had a really lively and fun atmosphere and the staff were all really friendly and helpful especially as it was our first visit!


Salmon Nigiri (and my child's chopsticks)
Prawn teriyaki
Left: Chicken katsu; Right: Duck gyoza (half eaten)
My final positive about Yo! Sushi is that they do a great offers such as Blue Mondays in which all plates are £2.40 on a Monday or alternatively 25% off for students all year round, Tues-Fri and Sundays. They also do a mega offer called Super Sumo Sundays where you get all you can eat for £19.50 but I don't think I would eat enough to get my money's worth so that one doesn't really appeal to me!

Rating - 9/10
Reason - The food, service and atmosphere were all great. I love the novelty of the conveyor belt and the water taps on your table. The food was so tasty and with their weekly deal nights it was a really affordable meal. Will definitely be paying another visit soon!

1 comment:

  1. I've never eaten at Yo Sushi, but you've really made it sound amazing! I've been put off in the past because I always thought it was really weird stuff, but the things you tried sounds really good - especially the prawns! And 25% off for all students?? Why have I not been before?? Great post :) x


    http://just-a-thought-natalie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete